Tuesday 12 June 2012

Sh! Corset Strap-on Harness

The Sh! Corset Strap-on Harness is a soft leather harness with an adjustable corset style back. I’ve never really liked the idea of using a leather harness before, until I saw this one, which ticked all the right boxes. From its corset-like design, to how its leather straps don’t completely cover over my genitals. Also, the strap-on is available in a variety of colours.


The harness arrives in a simple cellophane bag with a tag stating some minor care instructions and size. The product is available in two sizes, S/M which is meant to fit between an UK 8-12 and M/L which is meant to fit around an UK 14-18. I received the harness in the S/M size as I’m around a UK 8. The harness has four adjustable straps that stay taught through threading through brass coloured D-rings. Two straps thread between the legs and the other two go around the waist, all linking to the corset style backing. The back of the corset can also be adjusted due to how it is laced like a corset, meaning that you have the option to show some flesh if desired. The corset is made from very soft but strong leather which I doubt will rub, it has stretched slightly over a few wears, but this is expected with any leather garment. The harness is available in eight different colours, the one I received is purple, and appears a lot darker than the product image found online.
It arrives with three different sized O-rings, 39mm, 45mm & 50mm, which are made from skin safe rubber. They are a bit fiddly to change as you have to unthread all the straps to remove an O-ring, meaning that if you like to change toy size midsession, then this might not be the best harness for you.


When wearing the harness I found the straps a little awkward to adjust when fitting for the initial wear. Once I had adjusted the harness to fit my body perfectly, I was able to take off and rewear it simply by only removing/ tightening one strap before and after each session. I was able to position the O-ring and toy perfectly onto my pubic mound, even when the harness was worn around my waist or lower on my hips. I found I wasn’t able to take advantage of the corset lacing, and had to wear the back closed. I also found that no matter how tight I worn the harness that its back wouldn’t sit smoothing against my body. This could be due to how I have a rather arched back. However, this didn’t impede in its functionality. The two straps which threaded through my legs framed my vulva and buttock.


During use the harness was able to hold even the most weightily of flared based dildos. The position of the O-ring and selected toys base stayed in position nicely for insertion. During use, the toy stayed flush against my body for a lot longer than some harnesses I have tried, but eventually the straps started to loosen, meaning that the toy had a little freedom to bounce away from my body and bruising my pubic mound slightly. As the straps loosened, the ones between my legs moved out of position and pinched my labia. I feel that the straps would benefit slight from being held into place by buckles as well as the D-rings, although I understand this would mean that the harness wouldn’t be so adjustable when wearing.
The harness looked fairly attractive when worn and my partner liked the black lacing contrasting the dark purple found in the corset style back panel. I’m just slightly disappointed wasn’t able to wear it with an open back, and that it also didn’t sit smoothly against my body.


When cleaning the strap-on harness, simply wipe the leather down with a damp cloth. If needed, remove the O-ring and wash in warm water with your standard antibacterial wash.


Overall, the Sh! Corset Style Harness is an ok harness, especially if you want a specific colour. The leather is soft, but excellent quality with an even tan. The straps, even though they can become loose, are pretty sturdy, but I do wish they were easier to remove when changing toy or O-ring size. I just wish the back would fit my body better, though I doubt everyone would experience this problem.



Thank you to Sh! for sending me the Harness for my review. You can purchase the corset style Harness in a selection of colours, Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
>