Tuesday 13 March 2012

Give Lube Premium Aqua Gel - updated formula

Give Lube is a new brand of lubricant designed to be used by anyone, even people with sensitive skin. When buying lubricants I tend to try and find one which is kind and gentle to my body. I suffer from sensitive skin, and have found that some lubricants cause me to develop a rash. I also try and avoid lubricants that will upset my PH balance. Aqua Gel doesn’t contain glycerine, so it shouldn’t cause any unwanted nasties such as thrush. GiveLubes Premium Aqua Gel contains Aloe Vera and Panthenol for added skin care.


Aqua Gel is a water based lubricant which is suitable to use with most sex toys, including silicone ones. It’s also suitable to use with latex condoms.



I actually had to look up what Panthenols are. Panthenol is basically a B5 vitamin. It acts as a skin moisturiser, helping to relieve itching, as well as pre-existing skin conditions. Also, when mixed with other ingredients, it can help in skin absorbency. So to me, this made the lubricant seem promising, as not only should it be kind to my sensitive skin, but it also shouldn’t leave that tacky feeling that you get with some lubricants.


Ingredients: Aqua (water), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Lactic Acid.



The Aqua Gel can be purchased in three different sized bottles. I received the smallest bottle which is 30ml. I rather like the packing this lubricant arrives in; it is small, sturdy, and stylish. The stylish design and compact size means that you are able to keep it in a travel bag, or even out on the side of the dressing table. It reminds me of the packaging some deodorants come in, the more masculine ones, as it’s a black bottle, with silver and blue printed onto it. The lubricant dispenses through a flip cap; simply flip the cap open, tip and squeeze the bottle. The lid does seem to be pretty secure compared to some lubricant bottles, and the bottle itself doesn’t allow too much lubricant out when squeezed. The lubricant has a few years of shelf life, and once opened it will keep fresh for up to 12 months.
Showing the consistency of the old formula.
Showing the consistency of the new formula.



The Give Lube Premium Aqua Gel is a moderately thick lubricant. In the past the Aqua Gel was a very thin consistency, only really useful as an addition to your natural vaginal lubrication, so Give Lube subtly altered the ingredients to make it thicker, meaning that it would suit more uses.






The lubricant has a very slight earthy/herbal aroma to it. When applying the lubricant to dry skin, I noticed that it felt kind of greasy. It seems that the lubricant wouldn’t be absorbed easily, leaving that undesired oily sheen. After massaging it into my skin, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the lubricant didn’t leave any undesired tackiness. Not only was it absorbed nicely, but it left my skin with a slightly moisturised feel. After doing this patch test, there was no irritation to my skin. The lubricant seems to have a very mild taste, which I can only describe as being somewhere between bitter and sweet.


When using the lubricant during masturbation, I found it mixed well with my vaginal fluids. When mixed with my natural moistures, I found that it didn’t have the same greasy feeling that it had when rubbed into dry skin. The lubricant didn’t dry out too quickly, but when it did dry out, I was easily able to reactivate it with a small amount of saliva. The new thicker formula works well for anal penetration as well; the consistency isn’t too gloopy. It stays where you apply it, and offers a nice smooth coating to the area, without blocking stimulation. The lubricant doesn’t leave you feeling overly slippery, unlike some. Once applied to an area it will stay there, unless water is added to the mixture. I feel that the lubricant will last a long time, as you only need to use small amount of it when compared to some lubricants.



The lubricant washes off easily with soap and water. It isn’t suited to underwater play.




Overall, I like the Aqua Gel lubricant and feel that the new thicker formula is a welcome improvement. It mixes well with my natural moistures, without leaving me with that unpleasant tacky feeling after use. So far the formula has been gentle to my skin and hasn’t upset my PH balance, which is a big bonus. The lubricant works well for a mixture of activities, including anal, unlike the previous thinner formula. I think, as the small bottle is the perfect size for travel, I will be keeping a bottle in my bag or coat pocket when out. It’s far more convenient than stashing individual sachets.





Thank you to Give Lube for sending me this sample for my review. You can find additional product information on their website here.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
>