Sunday 3 July 2011

Cock, load, fire - Toy gun garter

I purchased this garter to go with a gangster style outfit. As it was only £3.49 I felt that I had nothing to lose.

The product comes in a clear cellophane bag, with a cardboard insert showing a picture of a model wearing the product. The product is made from strong black elastic, with ruffled lace topped with a ruffed satin ribbon. Both the elastic and lace feel rough. I feel that this garter is best suited over thick stockings or hosieries if intended to be worn for a long time.


 The gun holster has been riveted through the layers of fabric securely; I doubt it would fall off easily. The Holster is made from soft faux leather. There is a popper fastening at the top of the holster to make sure the gun doesn’t fall out.  The gun I received with my holster is very different to the one pictured. Rather than a revolving cylinder pistol I received an automatic style pistol. For me this is great because it fitted more with the gangster genre. If you are hoping to pull off a Wild West look and are purchasing this product for the style of toy gun, just be aware it may not be the one pictured. The gun itself is very small, around 2 inches by 1.5 inches. It’s made from light weight hollow metal.  Both the cock and trigger of the pistol move. This makes it a factional mini toy cap gun. For those of you who don’t know, cap guns are toy guns. You place a cap in them and when you fire they make a loud bang. Just pull the cock, load the ‘barrel’, and push the trigger. If you want to use it as a cap gun, you can buy caps from some toy stores. I would still advise taking care when using caps, especially if you are using this toy in the bedroom. Just remember to keep your distance. Sadly after a few uses the trigger system in my toy gun jammed.



When wearing the garment I was surprised to find that it didn’t dig in. Some garters dig into the leg leaving an unattractive bulge. Also even though the elastic seems cheap it managed to support the weight of the gun without falling down. The measurements of the garter when un-stretched are approximately 11 inches circumference.  When stretched to full limitations it measures around 20 inches circumference.



There are no washing instructions for the product. Due to the faux leather holster being riveted, I suggest hand washing this garment. Don’t forget to remove the toy gun before washing as you don’t want to ruin the whole gimmick.

Overall, for the price of this garter I think it’s a good buy. You can easily wear it on a night out, or wear it in the bedroom to help accompany role-play. 

You can purchase this garter here: Hen Night HQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
>